Providing A Broad Range Of Assistance In Business And Commercial Law Matters
“If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” — Henry Ford
At Kaplan & Moon, PLLC, in Dallas-Fort Worth, we handle a wide variety of transactional law matters for clients throughout Texas. Our attorneys are trusted advocates for businesses ranging from small startups to established multinational corporations. We can provide you with the sound guidance you need to thrive in today’s competitive business environment.
Full-Service Business Law Representation
Our lawyers are prepared to represent you in a broad range of transactional law matters, including:
- Business transactions: We handle business transactions with precise attention to detail, working to protect our clients’ interests and sparing them from unnecessary disputes.
- Business formation: Our lawyers are prepared to guide you through all the legal details of starting a business, from entity formation to establishing policies and procedures.
- Mergers and acquisitions: We represent purchasers, sellers, lenders, and financiers in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Business funding: We help businesses in a broad range of industries secure the funds they need through private placements, bank financing, private equity financing, and other means.
- Commercial debt restructuring: We help businesses resolve commercial debt problems through workouts, debt restructuring, and other strategies.
- Private placements and IPOs: We can advise you on all aspects of private placements and successful initial public offerings, including SEC compliance issues.
- Commercial loans and banking transactions: If you are engaging in a commercial loan or banking transaction, we can guide you through the legal process and protect your interests.
- Foreign business formation and expansion in the U.S.: Our lawyers guide foreign businesses and investors in establishing operations in the United States.
Experienced business law guidance can help you avoid lawsuits, unnecessary expenses, and other liabilities that put business assets at risk. Our attorneys are not only knowledgeable in the law, but also have a firm understanding of the real-world pressures business owners face every day. We can provide you with the knowledgeable advice and strong advocacy you need to help you achieve your business goals.
Comprehensive Assistance With Business Contract Issues
“One of the tests of leadership is to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.” — Arnold Glasgow
A well-drafted business contract can spare you from significant risk and expense, preventing costly disputes and other liabilities. At Kaplan & Moon, PLLC, our attorneys are well-versed in the language of business agreements and can help you establish contracts that stand up to scrutiny.
We apply meticulous attention to detail to business contracts, working to identify unfavorable clauses, ambiguous language and other red flags that put our clients’ interests at risk.
Handling All Types Of Business Contracts
We apply this painstaking approach to a broad range of business contracts, including:
- Partnership agreements: We help business partners protect their own interests and lay the groundwork for a successful business partnership.
- Shareholder agreements: We represent minority and controlling shareholders in establishing all types of shareholder contracts.
- Purchase and sale of business contracts: If you are seeking to buy or sell a business, we can analyze your contracts to make sure your interests are protected.
- Severance agreements: When a key employee is terminated, a severance agreement can limit the employer’s exposure to a wrongful termination lawsuit and other liabilities.
- Operating agreements: We help LLCs establish operating agreements that address key components of business operations such as assigning rights and duties.
- Buy-sell agreements: Our lawyers can guide you through all aspects of buy-sell planning, including establishing strong business contracts.
- Employment contracts: We represent employers and employees in drafting, reviewing, negotiating and litigating all types of employment agreements, including enforceable non-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements.
Our skill and experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating business contracts help us reduce the likelihood of future legal disputes. When such disputes arise, we are prepared to protect our clients’ interests in and out of court.
Contact Our Attorneys
Whatever your business law needs, our attorneys are prepared to help you reach cost-effective solutions. Contact us online or by telephone at 214-666-6608.